Warranty on Crowdfunded Products
Team ZWATT was born through Kickstarter and Indiegogo back in August 2016 and the support of the community is what allowed our company to design the Zimanox and Zpider products and bring them to you. Supporting a campaign on Kickstarter or Indiegogo and getting a reward is a different process than buying a product directly.
From the Kickstarter FAQ: “Kickstarter is not a store. When you back a project, you’re helping to create something new – not ordering something that already exists.”
These rewards are referred to as gifts because they are given to you as a backer to show the appreciation we have for you and the support you have given us. This business model has allowed our company to exist and we couldn’t be more grateful to the entire community. We appreciate your understanding of our policy and continued support.
To make it 100% clear: Products from crowdfunding does not include a warranty. This is clear from the terms and conditions and generally not to be expected from a crowdfunding item.
Above and Beyond
We are going above and beyond on our service for you as a crowdfunding backer in two ways:
- For the first year, we actually provided repairs and both-way shipping for free anyways
- After the first year, we started to offer a full repair/recalibration for both Zpider and Zimanox at cost (meaning we make nothing on this)
Further to this, the monthly fee is completely optional. That was our way of reducing your risk in case the crowdfunded product did not work well for you. You never have to pay this unless you want to use the product (which you probably don’t if you feel it doesn’t work for you). Manage your payments at the My Account page.
Pass it on
If your reward truly offers no value to you, here are a few things that you could do in the spirit of crowdfunding.
- Give it to a friend*
- Sell it to somebody. You got this at way below the retail value – if you want to recuperate that value and possibly even more, try selling it*
- Give it another chance. Some products can take some getting used to. Maybe it doesn’t work for you right now, but perhaps you’ll find the right time and place in the future
- In the case of the Zimanox, consider buying yourself a Zpider which is a far superior product
*) This is how a new user gets signed up if they buy a used power meter.
Thank you again for your support and understanding.
Last updated Jul 24th, 2018.