If you need to change the bottom bracket (BB) on your bike in order to fit the ZPIDER crank set, check the type first.
- Threaded – you screw it in (typically those with outside bearings)
- Press fit – you press it in (typically those with inside bearings)
If it looks like you need a wrench like tool to remove the BB, it’s a threaded. If it looks like you need to pull the bearings out, it’s press fit.
If you need a threaded BB, please make sure the width of the shell is 68mm.
In that case, you need BB #5 or #9 (difference in materials and price).
If you have a press fit type frame, then it’s a bit more complex – But we’ll guide you through it:
Start by pulling out the bearings. This can be done many different ways and is really not that difficult if you are careful.
Here is a video showing the process.
Now measure the shell inner diameter (ID) and width as shown.
With those two measurements, you are ready to pick the right BB and spacers. Simply follow the flowchart below.
- For W = 68mm / BSA type shell, watch the BSA installation video
- For W = 68mm / ID = 42mm, this BB30 video explains the install.
- For W = 68mm / ID = 48mm, the Press Fit 30 installation video is good.
- For W = 73mm / ID = 41.96mm and for W = 79mm / ID = 42mm, the BB30 video above is good – you just have to install spacers as well.
- For W = 73mm / ID = 46mm and for W = 79mm / ID = 46mm, the Press Fit 30 video above is good – you just have to install spacers as well.
- For the last case W = 86.5mm, this BB386EVO video is what you need
The BB’s and spacers are available in the webshop – just remember the # numbers you need.
Need to Contact Us?
Please email support to get your question answered by a human if you can’t find the answer you need on this page.